Monday 2 May 2011

Ubuntu 11.04 can't apt-get update

This is the continuation from my last post Gnome 3 on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

After I uninstall the Gnome 3 and revert to unity, I've decided to upgrade back to Gnome 3 again, honestly I'm not happy with Unity, it's very lag.

As usual, I run the apt-get update and this is what I got:
E: Type 'ain' is not known on line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gnome3-team-gnome3-natty.list


I try to delete the gnome3 list and successful!
Check the entry:
ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

and delete it:
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gnome3-team-gnome3-natty.list

rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gnome3-team-gnome3-natty.list.save

Then run the apt-get update and it should be okay.


Note: After I got this update this morning May 2nd 2011 (Malaysia Local Time), I was surprised that Gnome3 now has included maximize and minimize button, this is awesome news

Related post:
Gnome 3 on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

3 comments:

Gui K said...

I had the same problem and the same solution!
Tks so much!

Tony G said...

Your welcome :)

runeks said...

Looks like you've experienced Bug #789859. If you're interested in getting this fixed, please mark this bug as affecting you, on the following page:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/789859

Regards,
Rune

Post a Comment